We will be heading to Florida in a couple of months for a week long vacation. I’m gathering information about how to approach the whole Orlando experience. Do you have any advice or opinions about the following topics?
- Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- Disney World’s MGM Studios
- Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Disney World’s Epcot
- Stay at a Disney resort versus staying at regular hotels near the Disney parks
- Universal Studio’s Islands of Adventure
- Universal Studio’s Florida
- Touring the Kennedy Space Center
- Visiting St. Augustine, the oldest City in the US
Our first goal is to figure figure out how we should allocate our time. Are some theme parks not worth while? Are some worth more than one day? Are Disney park hopper tickets worth the extra price to preserve flexibility? Things like that. The answers to those questions will, of course, affect our decisions about how many nights to book hotels, but doesn’t answer whether to go Disney or not for the hotels themselves. Some additional useful info: Our kids our in 3rd and 5th grade, and they like wild rides — but I don’t; and the kids and I love Disneyland, while my poor husband tolerates it for our sakes.
UPDATE: Thank you so much, everyone, for the useful information.