‘Tis the season of memes, and I’ve been tagged three times with the same meme over the past few days, first by the Bald-headed Geek, then by Daled Amos, and last by Jeremayakovka, all of whom had pretty darn interesting things to say about themselves in response to their own taggings. Naturally, since the meme requires that I list eight things about myself that few would guess, I can’t resist. First, the rules:
Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.
Clear? Yes. Here goes:
1. One of my children, when born, was the biggest baby the hospital had seen in the entire week preceding his birth. I’m petite, so you can appreciate how shocked everyone there was.
2. I once distinguished myself on a job interview by completely failing to recognize the man who had spent a delightful three hours with me at an interview dinner the evening before (and no, I don’t drink, so that wasn’t my excuse).
3. I’m scared of flying, but do it anyway when there are no other travel alternatives.
4. Family legend has it that a great, great uncle of mine spent 25 years living in a one-room shack in Australia’s outback, prospecting for diamonds. Eventually, he gave up, sold his claim, and headed back for Europe. Not long after, one of the largest diamond mines in Australia was discovered — under his cabin.
5. I love Bing Crosby’s singing, something my children are not yet old enough to find embarrassing.
6. I have an unusually charming dog. When she’s out in public, people trip over themselves to come and pet her. She’s a silly looking little mutt, but she has such an endearing and happy face she seems to draw people to her in a way I’ve never seen another dog do.
7. I’m perfectly happy to wash my laundry — and Lord knows, there’s enough of it in my house — but I hate folding it. I figure that there’s simply more virtue in piles of clean laundry than there would be in piles of dirty laundry.
8. If I could, I would eat only Haagen Daaz Chocolate ice cream, to the exclusion of all other foods.
And now for the 8 tagees. Well, actually, a few more. Since I got tagged by this meme three times, I figured I could tag a few more than 8 bloggers, although I tried to limit myself, which is why I didn’t follow my first instinct, which is to tag everyone in my blogroll. Because I’m lazy, however, I haven’t sent anyone notice of these tags. I’m just hoping most of them stumble across it themselves. By the way, if I haven’t tagged you, don’t let that stop you if you’d still like to play this game, either at your own blog or in my comments section.
- Brain Droppings
- CDR Salamander
- Cheat-Seeking Missiles
- Crossing the Rubicon
- From The Word Go
- Mike’s America
- News Snipet ‘Blog
- Notes From A Retired Preacher
- Ocean Guy : Somewhere on A1A
- Out of the Binjo Ditch
- PalmTree Pundit
- Sake Light
- Suitable For Mixed Company
- The Paragraph Farmer
- The Thomas Chronicles
- Thought You’d Never Ask
Filed under: Silly Stuff |